The Kenosha County Courthouse and Molinaro Building compose a significant portion of Kenosha’s Nation Civic Center Historic District. The buildings were designed by Lindl, Lesser and Schutte Architects and constructed in 1924. In 2010, Kenosha County hired Berglund Construction to perform a historic masonry stabilization and restoration project at the two buildings.
The primary work scope required disassembling and reconstructing the brick and stone masonry parapets around the perimeters of both buildings. Care was taken to reuse as much stone as possible in the reconstruction. Select stone was restored in other façade locations as well, including at window lintels.
The project was honored with a 2013 Preservation Award by Kenosha County Landmarks Commission.