The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers and/or Superintendents in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about construction.
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project.
- Provide support to Field Staff.
- Follow the Companies Best Practices.
- Identifies and acts on ways to add value.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to expand the relationship.
- Balances client and Companies needs effectively.
- Is responsive to clients’ needs and displays intensity.
- Continually builds own knowledge and expertise.
- Is open to new ways of doing things.
- Offers to coach/assist others with less experience.
- When problems arise, shares expertise to help resolve the issue.
- Manages with profitability in mind.
- Makes tough decisions to ensure that safety remains on the front and center.
- Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively.