Designed by Holabird & Roche, the original building was constructed between 1902 and 1904. We were hired to reconstruct the building’s parapet walls and replace the roof system. The scope of work included repairing and replacing the building’s third floor cornice assembly and terra cotta hung window heads.
The ornate masonry was reconstructed in isolated areas with both reused pieces and replacement units. Berglund’s tuckpointers removed old mortar at the masonry joints and replaced it. We also installed a new skylight system.