St. Anthony of Padua Church was founded in Kenosha, WI, in 1910, to serve the Slovakian residents who emigrated from Austria-Hungary to escape poverty and war. The current building, which was dedicated during The Great Depression, is the second structure used by the church for worship.
Our work on the building centered on restoring the limestone masonry on the church’s bell tower and two steeples that flank its main entrance. We replaced all existing ornamental cast stone pieces with new limestone pieces to match. We also replaced a substantial number of lannon stone units that were significantly deteriorated. Finally, we tuck pointed all masonry joints with natural hydraulic lime