Designed by the noted architectural firm of Tallmadge and Watson, Grace Lutheran Church was dedicated in 1931. The building is an Art Deco adaptation of English Gothic style. Short-term repairs could no longer support the limestone bell tower; It required a complete restoration.
Berglund undertook the restoration of the entire bell tower structure and main entrance elevation of the church. The masonry-bearing structure is comprised of ornate Indiana limestone including back-up brick masonry. Berglund cleaned all the stone, reset over 750 stone units and replaced over 200 others.
The work continued with ornate limestone dutchmen fabrication and installation, on-site hand carving of limestone ornamentation, stone patching, tuck pointing, structural concrete foundation repairs, a new concrete entrance and the installation of a new copper roof and interior tower access ladder.